wallets and purses!
We need your support - to help the young people of Britain celebrate their freedom to write with flare, craft and enthusiasm.
The Ministry's most valued services - our group workshops and one-to-one mentoring - are provided entirely free of charge. Your support and contributions are needed to help keep this going for the young writers of London.
Here's what you can do.
- Join the 159 Club, our members club for supporters who pledge £159 a year via a one-off gift or monthly donation of £10.60 (plus Gift Aid)
- Send us any amount you can through JustGiving
- Help us buy something from our wishlist
- Email email@example.com to share your (or your company's) great ideas for fundraising activities
Here's how your money helps:
- £5 pays for enough tea and biscuits to keep our invaluable volunteers going for a week
- £16 pays for one child to attend a writing workshop
- £53 pays for materials (paper, printing and binding) for a story-making workshop
- £160 covers the costs for one child to take part in a week-long publishing project
- £400 covers the costs of a writing workshop for a class of 30
- £960 pays for one child to attend our drop-in writing sessions for a year
- £2000 pays for a week-long special project, such as our Hoxton A.M. newspaper writing project
Thank you for your support!
"The Ministry of Stories gave me the courage to read and write more. When I held the book in my hand it made me feel independent and older."
Michelle, year 4, St Monica's RC Primary School
"Working with the Ministry of Stories has been a wonderful experience for the children of our school. As one child remarked, "When I'm at the Ministry my imagination is set free". [...] These are children who were very unmotivated by writing but now choose to write independently. Working at the Ministry seems to have unlocked creativity that sometimes the children didn't know they had."
Kathleen O'Connor, Teaching & Learning Consultant - Literacy, Hackney Learning Trust