Our MoS experts are residents of Hackney and are aged between 8-13. Every Saturday they donate their time to providing premium advice and inspiring ideas to help you banish boredom. This week our experts are tackling the age old problem of ‘creative fatigue’. We know this issue can cause some concern, but worry not, our practical activities and simple steps are guaranteed to put the zing back into your imagination!
10 Easy Steps to Draw, by Faith
- Start with a face like a round triangle.
- Add features (vital) and draw lips like waves.
- Add hair (accessories).
- Must get neck exactly right.
- Add arms.
- Draw fingers (take time).
- Upper body, draw like a cup.
- Lower Body. Girls: you can do whatever your taste. Boys: Can do trousers or shorts (whatever you like).
- (optional) Draw like a triangle without tip.
- Shoes (anyhow).
Try Making a Pom Pom, by Gosa.
- Get two pieces of card. The same circle shapes and cut a hole in the middle.
- Use scissors to cut them into the same circle shapes and cut a hole in the middle.
- Then, get some coloured wool (you could get many colours).
- Put the two circles of card together.
- Then wrap the coloured wool around and through the circles.
- Cut the outsides of the wool and pull the card edges apart, then you tie wool around the middle.
- Cut the card out.
- Then you mess it around and you’ve got your own nice, soft pom-pom.
Make your own word search, by Mariama, Stephanie and Yordanos.
- Decide what the word search is about.
- Draw a grid.
- Decide the number of words in the word search.
- Write the words that you are going to search for.
- Write these words in the grid.
- Fill in the blank spaces.
- Give the word search to your friend.
- Find the words and have fun!
Check back weekly to receive further hints and tips from our MoS Experts!