Join the 159 Club
November 17, 2011
If you’ve made it to 159 Hoxton Street in the last year, you know that there’s always something exciting happening. We’ve seen over 2700 young people come through the secret door in Hoxton Street Monster Supplies for writing workshops, helped by over 400 volunteer mentors trained to support their writing and encourage their ideas. Everyone from Stephen Fry to Michael Morpurgo to Year 5 from Burbage Primary School has spent time putting pen to paper in the most imaginative of ways at our home at 159 Hoxton Street.
Now, as part of our 1st birthday celebrations, we are launching the 159 Club – a group of our staunchest advocates who are as passionate as we are about keeping the young people of east London writing.
We’re looking for 159 people to join the 159 Club, contributing £10.60 per month (with Gift Aid) or £159 annually. This would be an enormous boost to the Ministry by helping cover our running costs for the next year.
Members will receive:
- a specially bound copy of one of the amazing books created by children at the Ministry
- entry to quarterly events with great lineups of writers, musicians and other special guests
- a regular 159 Club e-newsletter to keep you updated about our work
- a first edition 159 Club key tag
- an invitation to an exclusive annual 159 Club event to see the difference your donation has made.
We hope you’d like to help 159 Hoxton Street continue to be the only place in London where children’s imaginations are powered by Tinned Fear, Cubed Earwax, and stellar people like you.
To become a member, or purchase gift membership, follow these 2 steps:
- Visit www.justgiving.com/ministryofstories/donate to make a one off or monthly donation.
- Make sure you tick the box to confirm that we can stay in contact with you.
You can also email us at email@example.com to find out more, or send a cheque to 159 Club, Ministry of Stories, 159 Hoxton Street, London N1 6PJ